We Can help
Do you know someone who:
Dower and Associates, Inc. is a multi – disciplinary private practice with a focus in speech/language, education and behavior analysis. The corporate office is located in Manassas, VA with services delivered throughout Prince William, Loudoun and select regions of Fairfax and Fauquier Counties in Virginia.
The practice offers the following services:
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Program Evaluations, Consulting, Development and Instruction with an Emphasis in Verbal Behavior (in home and/or school)
- Speech & Language Therapy, Evaluations and Consultations
- Academic and Remedial Tutoring
- SRA/Direct Instruction Programs
- Social/Pragmatic Skills Groups and Summer Camp
- Limited Educational Assessments (Reading, Written Language and Spelling)
- ABLLS™-R and VB-MAPP Assessments
- Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) for Behavior Replacement
- Behavior Reduction Programming & Treatment
- Specialized Respite Care
- Parent and Staff Training
- Speech/Language Pathology Certificate of Clinical Competence Supervision
- BCBA®/BCABA® Supervision
- Speech/Language and Applied Behavior Analysis Workshops (parents, schools & community)
- Collaboration with Other Professionals
- IEP Development & Advocacy
- Shadowing/Behavioral Support in School, Community or Camp Settings
- Contractual Services to Public and Private Schools
- DDW and FAPT/CSA Provider (Virginia)
- TRICARE-ECHO ABA Service Provider
Dower and Associates, Inc. current staff of speech/language pathologists and individual instructors/tutors provide services (e.g., evaluations, therapy, tutoring, training, functional behavior assessments) and consultations to children in a variety of settings, (e.g., home, office, private and public schools, community, and group home living environments).
Our staff specializes in two areas primarily:
- The assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and adults diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and related developmental disabilities utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and the clinical application of procedures for language acquisition, based on B.F. Skinner's natural science approach to teaching verbal behavior.
- The assessment and treatment of children and adolescents in the areas of receptive and expressive language delays and disorders, learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, phonemic awareness difficulties, phonological/articulation delays, auditory and language processing disorders, semantic-pragmatic disorder, word finding deficits, reading, spelling and written language problems.
Dower and Associates, Inc. speech/language and ABA staff members are trained extensively in the behavior analytic framework to developing communication, language, academic and life skills in persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, PDD-NOS, Down's Syndrome and other related developmental delays. In addition, most staff members are proficient in American Sign Language (ASL) and the use of the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), a picture based communication system. Speech and Language Pathologists of the practice also have experience selecting and training clients and caregivers in the use of other augmentative/alternative communication systems and devices.